UPDATE: Three Shawnee Education Pathways With Additional Flexibility
Shawnee Public Schools is continuing to offer three education pathways for learners. After receiving more feedback from families, we have made a few changes that add more flexibility to these pathways.
- Under the Traditional Classroom Learning Pathway (Option 1), parents who are worried about a five (5) day face-to-face educational experience for their students may now contact their school about a personalized, hybrid A/B rotating schedule.
- The Personalized Blended Pathway (Option 3) is now available for students Grades 6-12.
Below is information on these pathways with the changes indicated above, as well as information about option 2, the virtual/online learning pathway. We want to work with you to create a personalized schedule that works for your family. With our Shawnee Educational Pathway Options, we can help you create a school learning schedule for your student that meets your family's needs for safety and education. Be aware that all options still include opportunities for students to have breakfast and lunch.
School is currently still scheduled to begin on August 13. Enrollment is underway at Shawnee Early Childhood Center and each elementary site. If you need to make changes to existing schedules at SMS and SHS, please contact your school site for more information. We continue to work to serve Every Wolf, Every Day.
- Shawnee Education Pathways (Updated July 30, 2020)
- Caminos Educación Shawnee
- Shawnee Virtual School Learning Brochure
- Shawnee Virtual School Application
- Shawnee Virtual School Handbook
Whitney Gonzales, virtual school coordinator, is available at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (405) 214-4521.
Dr. April Grace, superintendent, describes the three education pathways in a brief video linked below: