SHS Announces End-of-Year Events for Class of 2022
Below is information about end-of-year events for Shawnee High School's Class of 2022.
April 27 – Cap and Gown Distribution and Senior Photo
- Location: PAAC Gymnasium
- Time: 10:05-11:35 a.m.
- Seniors should check in with their 2nd hour teacher and then report directly to the PAAC.
- Attire is school appropriate clothing. Seniors do not need to dress up.
May 3 – Senior Awards Night
- Location: PAAC Auditorium
- Time: 6 p.m.
- Seniors who are receiving scholarships or awards from colleges will be recognized. Seniors who think they are receiving an award/scholarship should fill out the form Ms. Bui sent to their email. For questions, contact Ms. Bui in the counseling office. Attendance is not required at this event.
- Seniors should dress their best. Dresses or nice slacks for girls, and slacks and a nice shirt for boys are appropriate.
May 15 – Baccalaureate
- Location: PAAC Auditorium
- Time: 6 p.m.
- This is a non-denominational spiritual service for graduating seniors. Seniors are encouraged to attend, but this is not a required activity.
Seniors are excused from all classes on May 16. They are expected to attend the activities on this day.
May 16 - Tour of the Elementary Schools
- Location: PAAC
- Load buses: 10 a.m.
- Seniors should wear their caps and gowns for the tour, but they should leave their tassel at home. They may wear casual clothes under the gowns.
May 16 - Senior Luncheon
- Location: PAAC Lobby
- Time: 11:45 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Attendance is required at the luncheon. After the luncheon, students will attend graduation practice.
May 16 – Graduation Practice
- Location: Jim Thorpe Stadium
- Time: 1 p.m.
- Seniors should enter through the front gates and report to the stadium seating on the home side. Attendance at this practice is required of all graduates who are participating in the commencement ceremony. Seniors must stay until dismissed from practice. Practice will last until 3:30 p.m. at the latest.
- Seniors should wear school appropriate clothing. They do not need to dress up.
May 16 – Graduation
- Location for line-up: Shawnee High School
- Time: 6:30 p.m. and no later than 6:45 p.m.
- Seniors should enter through the doors on the east side of the building, the regular entrance for students. A teacher will direct them where to go upon arrival. Parents are not allowed in the building during line-up.
- Seniors should come dressed in cap and gown. Seniors should make sure they have their tassel.
- A professional photographer will be present to take photos of seniors before the ceremony and during the ceremony when they receive their diploma cover. These photos will be available for purchase.
- Seniors who want to have an individual photo taken before the ceremony should arrive at SHS by 6:15 p.m.
- The graduation ceremony starts at 7:30 p.m. in Jim Thorpe Stadium. Tickets are not required to enter the stadium.
- If there is a rain event, graduation will be held in the PAAC. Tickets will be required for the PAAC. More information will be given closer to graduation if it looks like there will be rain.
May 16 – Project Graduation
- Location: Stucker
- Time: 10 p.m.-3 a.m.
- Project Graduation is our all-night celebration for graduating seniors. Students staying until 3 a.m. will be excused from school on Tuesday, May 17.
- Seniors should wear casual, comfortable, school-appropriate clothing.
May 17 – Regular school day for seniors who did not stay at Project Graduation until 3 a.m.
May 18 – Last day of regular classes for all students.
May 19 and 20 – Semester Exams
- All seniors who are not exempt from semester tests must be present for required semester tests. It is very important that seniors take all required tests. The semester test schedule will be posted in May.
- Students exempt from all semester tests are excused on Thursday, May 19, and Friday, May 20.
May 27 - Diploma Pickup
- Location: SHS counseling office. Please use the student entrance on the east side of SHS.
- Time: 10 a.m.-noon
- All seniors must take care of any fines, book returns, and other obligations to the school in order to receive a diploma.
- Students who cannot pick up diplomas on this day will be able to come to the main office the following week or any time the office is open during the summer. Please enter through the main doors on Kennedy Street.
Be aware, participation in the graduation ceremony does not mean that a student will receive a high school diploma. Each student must meet all Shawnee High School graduation requirements in order to receive a diploma. These include, but are not limited to, passing all required classes, meeting attendance requirements, and resolving all issues with fines, book returns, and any other obligations to the school.
Please email Mrs. Megee at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.