Class of 2022 Honored at Awards Ceremony
Students Earn Scholarships Totaling More than $500,000
Shawnee High School's Class of 2022 received scholarships and other awards during the annual Senior awards ceremony Tuesday evening. According to Principal Matt Johnson, the seniors were awarded scholarships totaling more than half a million dollars.
Seniors recognized for U.S. Military Service are as follows:
- Chilton Konechney, U.S. Air Force
- Eli Wiley, U.S. Navy (nuclear engineering)
- Jackson Hair, Sean Hochwarth, Briana Grigg and Christopher Knoles, U.S. Army National Guard
The following athletic awards were presented:
- Abigail Looper, Outstanding Sportsman Female Award
- Kantynn Kaseca, Outstanding Sportsman Male Award
- Myracle Blackshire, Outstanding Performance Female Award
- Bauer Brittain, Outstanding Performance Male Award
- Ansley Orrell, Outstanding Athlete of the Year Female Award
- Jaylon Orange, Outstanding Athlete of the Year Male Award
- Kantynn Kaseca and Madison Crowell, Darrell Lewis Scholarship
Seniors recognized as Oklahoma Academic Scholars, an award given to students with a minimum grade point average of 3.7 and an ACT score of at least 27, are Dylan Haddad,
Landon Hardman, Bryce Holter, Christooher Knoles, Garrett Robison, Hunter Rochelle, Spencer Rochelle, Brecken Self, Garrett Serner, Madison Steele, Landen Terrell and Isabel West.
Academic Letter Jacket recipients, given to the top 5% of the graduating class, are Kaitlyn Atwood, Karsen Conaway, Lillian Davis, Teegan Franklin, Dylan Haddad, Abigail Looper, Lacie Moon, Brecken Self, Landon Terrell, Isabel West and Nicholas Whited.
First United All-Star students are Garrett Robison, Alexis Effinger, Garrett Serner, Madison Steele, Blair Brock, Payton Greenwood, Christopher Knoles, Caryington Mason, DeNiesha Barkus, Emma Wallace, Eli Wiley, Alexis Rosario, Hunter Rochelle, Ansley Orrell, Isaiha Woods, Blythe Mocabee and Bryce Holter. Garrett Robison received a $500 scholarship.
Payton Greenwood is a finalist for the Patriot Auto Group's Student of the Year Award and is in the running to win a car and scholarship during the Best of Tri-County Area Preps banquet.
Gabe Stearman was honored for earning the rank of Eagle Scout.
Receiving the Shelter Insurance Foundation Agents' Scholarship for $1,500 is Sarah Winn.
Receiving the Shawnee Kiwanis Scholarship for $1,000 is Luke Waddell.
Receiving the Fred Gouker Memorial Scholarship for $1,000 is Lillian Davis.
Receiving the Ken McDowell Scholarship for $1,000 is Emma Wallace.
Lillian Davis, Lacie Moon and Madison Steele each received $2,000 scholarships from the Junior Service League of Shawnee. Each receiving $775 from JSL are Caryington Mason, Emma Wallace, Elizabeth Benson, Zane Walck, Katigan Barksdale, Briana Grigg, Erin LaBar, Abigail Looper and DeNiesha Barkus.
Lesley Wiewel received the Taylor Ricks Memorial Scholarship.
Receiving scholarships from the Shawnee Association of Classroom Teachers are Madison Ticer, $1,000, and Macy Proffer and Zane Walck, $500 each.
Shawnee Educational Foundation Scholarships in the amount of $1,000 were awarded to Lillian Davis, Macy Proffer, Madison Steele and Lesley Wiewel.
Lillian Davis received the Shawnee Rotary Scholarship for $4,000.
Katigan Barksdale received a $450 Shawnee Fine Arts Scholarship.
Kaitlyn Atwood received the Max Wayne Scholarship for $1,500.
Isabel West received the Sarah Dudley Scholarship for $1,000 and the Shawnee Shakespeare Club Scholarship.
Receiving the Marilyn S. Bradford Scholarship for $1,000 is Madison Ticer.
The J. Lloyd Ford, Jr. Band Scholarship of $1,000 each is awarded to Lorelei Brem and Erin LaBar.
Katigan Barksdale is the recipient of the Shawnee Little Theatre Scholarship.
Receiving the Karen Sue Freeman Scholarship is Lillian Davis.
Lillian Davis also received the Higginbotham Bros. & Co. scholarship.
Landen Terrell and Isabel West received the Shawnee Alumni Association Scholarship.
Seniors and the colleges and universities from which they received scholarships are as follows:
University of Oklahoma
- Alexis Rosario, Sower's Award, $12,000;
- Lillian Davis, Academic Achievement Award, $13,000, and the Dodge Family College of Arts and Sciences Scholarship, $1,000 for years one and two and increasing to $1,500 for years three and four;
- Emma Wallace, Sower's Award, $12,000;
- Payton Greenwood, Sower's Award, $12,000, and the Presidential Leadership Council, $4,000;
- Kirby Grissom, Sower's Award, $12,000; and
- Bauer Brittain, Sower's Award, $12,000.
Oklahoma State University
- Audrey Flood, Academic Excellence Scholarship, $4,000; OSU Academic Excellence Supplemental Award, $1,000; two-year Tuition Assistance Guarantee Scholarship, $4,166.50; and the Juanita M. Gravelle for Outstanding Academic Achievements and Potential Award, $3,000;
- Isabel West, Academic Excellence Scholarship, $12,000
- Elaina Matkin, Academic Excellence Scholarship, $1,000; Gravelle Scholarship, $3,000; and Pete's Pledge, $2,000;
- Brielle Rotter, Academic Excellence Scholarship, $1,000;
- Christopher Knoles, Academic Excellence Scholarship, $1,000;
- Brecken Self, Academic Excellence Scholarship, $1,000, and OSU College of Engineering and Architecture Scholarship;
- Luke Waddell, Academic Excellence Scholarship, $1,000;
- Katigan Barksdale, Academic Excellence Scholarship, $7,000; Academic Excellence Supplemental Award, $1,000; Theatre Scholarship, $3,000; and Cowboy Covenant, $4,000;
Garrett Robison, Pete's Pledge, $2,000, and Academic Excellence Scholarship; and
Landen Terrell, Academic Excellence Scholarship.
Oklahoma Baptist University
- Carol Brothers, Academic Grant, $9,000, and
- Isiaha Woods, Academic Scholarship, $14,000.
Oklahoma Christian University
- Sarah Winn, Eagle Award, $2,400, and Music Scholarship, $1,600.
Oklahoma City Community College
- Elizabeth Benson, Freshman Tuition Waiver, $3,100.
Southwestern Oklahoma State University
- Madison Ticer, Music Performance Scholarship, $12,000, and Marching Band Participation, $1,750; and
- Lorelei Brem, Talent-based Scholarship, $15,000, and Academic Achievement, $8,000.
Seminole State College
- Macy Proffer, Salutatorian Scholarship, $4,000.
University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma
- Alexis Effinger, Willard Scholarship, $21,000.
Laguna College of Art and Design
- Erin LaBar, Merit Scholarship, $38,000 for four years; and
- Lesley Wiewel, Merit Scholarship, $38,000 for four years.
Rochester Institute of Technology
- Ansley Orrell, $29,500.
- Karsen Conaway, $96,000.
The University of New Mexico
- Lane Williams, complete cost of education.