Summer Food Benefit Applications Now Available
Summer EBT for Children is a program that offers a food benefit package to school-age children who qualify for free or reduced meals. The purpose of this program is to combat child hunger by providing meals for children during the summer months when school meals are not available. The goal is to offer food assistance to income-eligible children during these summer months by supplying their families with more resources.
All school-age students who are attending Shawnee Public Schools and are receiving free or reduced-cost meals through the National School Lunch Program may be eligible.
If accepted, you will receive a benefit package in the mail with the following contents:
- SEBTC card
- List of approved grocery stores that accept Summer EBT
- WICShopper app document for an easier shopping experience
- Helpful Hints document
- Approved foods document that shows foods acceptable for Summer EBT
- Shopping list which shows how much food you will be receiving each month
Each child will receive the following each month, for three summer months:
- 2 gallons of milk (low fat or skim)
- 1 lb of cheese
- 18 oz of cereal
- 1 dozen eggs
- $35 for fresh/frozen fruits and vegetables
- 16 oz of whole grains
- 32 oz of yogurt
- 1 lb of peanut butter OR 1 lb of dry beans OR 4 cans of 16 oz canned beans
Applications are available at Chickasaw.net/SummerEBT or by calling (580) 272-1178, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday. The application deadline is Aug. 4, 2022.